Why am I starting such an interesting title with church talk you might ask? Well, to be totally honest, it's because only I, Momma went to church this morning. And this evening, no one did. Gasp! How shocking! Why would such faithful goers of church not go? Well, sit down, and let me tell ya! ;)
A couple of weeks ago, the kids and I were going to go to the library. And after getting everyone dressed, and hair brushed, and Buster got put in his box, we finally left the house. (On a side note, I've been parking outside because my side of the garage is filled with bikes and summer toys) I open the door to the van, and notice the glove compartment open and napkins are on the floor. I, being the wonderfully patient mommy that I am, turn to the kids and begin to
So, back to the present time. Last night all the kids were bathed and put to bed. D and I both went to bed by 10:30pm. However, knowing I was on Praise Team this morning, I could not sleep. You know how it is, when you need to sleep, you just can't. So eventually I start to fall asleep, and all of a sudden D sits up and is all freaked out. He says he hears something and thinks someone is trying to get into the house. He gets up and puts shorts on to go investigate because I'm not going to do it! He was so convinced it was somebody in our house, that he got his shotgun out of our closet. He leaves our room with the aforementioned gun and investigates. I think about getting out of bed to see if he's okay because it's not like I was going to be able to sleep at that point with D running around the house with a gun. I kept seeing images run through my brain of one of the kids hearing something and coming out of their room and being shot, or me going to investigate and I get shot. So, I waited in bed as patiently as I could. Finally D comes back in, and tells me everything is fine. Of course I was so exhausted by that time that I fell into a dreamless sleep. D on the otherhand couldn't sleep for some time.
5:30 arrives, and I wake up. I get ready for church, and am just about to go. D had done some paint scraping and power washing outside of our family room, and he injured his left foot. When I am about to leave, he is complaining of his foot being so painful, and I tell him to stay home with the kids. I figured it was better that he rest and recoup instead of pushing himself. That's why only I made it to church this morning.
After church I came home and got lunch ready. D and the kids and I all eat, and then I go take a nap. I wake up around 5ish and realize if we're going to go to church tonight we'd better get ready to go. After talking to D about his foot, we both agree to stay home so he can continue to recoup. I figured that having all of us home would allow us to spend some quality time together. We are all in the family room, and R#3 is playing with Buster. What does Buster do? Well, he's a puppy, and he bites. Oh but wait. He doesn't just play bite. He bites her middle finger. Of course R#3 freaks out and starts to cry. I send her to D to comfort. He puts her on his lap and makes sure her finger is okay. He asks R#1 to get some ice for her finger. While they wait poor little R#3 is holding her finger up to show us. Yes, she is so flipping the bird to all of us. And of course D is laughing and making eyes at me b/c my youngest daughter is flipping me off! Good Grief! She finally gets her ice and it makes her finger all better.
That's our day. It started with possible burglers and guns, and ends with being flipped off by on of my children. Maybe that's what I get for staying home from church today!
Oh my gosh, Sheryl! What a day...
ReplyDeleteI can't decide if I should hug you, laugh with you or cry! Maybe all three?