Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Curriculum Arrives!

Here are the books in their boxes!
Okay, so if I were an absolutely and perfectly organized person, I'd have posted this already.  Well, I would have ordered our curriculum way before I did.  Although I did have to wait for approval from Dean first before I could order.   If I wanted to be totally honest, I'll tell you that I already took a picture of the curriculum in the boxes they came in need to take a picture of the curriculum so I can attach the picture to this post.  In fact, the day the curriculum came, we were out doing stuff, and we didn't notice the boxes outside our house until it was late.  The follwing day was Sunday, and before I had a chance to go through the boxes and look at all the cool stuff, Dean stayed home because of a bum foot, and went through it all before I had a chance!  AND b/c of the previous posts happenings, I didn't even go through the stuff till after my nap that day.  So, really the reason I haven't had all this posted and pictures taken is all because of Dean my circumstances.   What do y'all think...is that understandable or what?

In one box there is stuff for both R and T.  The other box contains just reading/phonics stuff for T.  And since I'm being all transparent and all, one of R's books came this week b/c it was backordered when I placed the original order.

Next week will be our first week of school!  I'm so excited.  In fact, I'm already trying to organize it all and see what we'll do when.  We have already hit a slight bump in our road though.  Our History curriculum that I ordered an e-book for requests a special book as an additional resource.  If I had been thinking things through I would have ordered that book early.  However, I wasn't thinking ahead, and now the book is really expensive.  Ugh.  You might wonder, how expensive?  Well, like $127 expensive.  Ouch!  Yeah, even if I would use the book for three more years I don't think I could justify that expensive of a book!  I mean come on, it's not like this is college or anything!  So, we've decided to use a different history curriculum.  And I just ordered that last night.  We'll probably get it next week.  So history will start the following week. 

Now I know I have friends out there who might wonder what curriculum we're using, so I'm going to do my best to explain.

R's Curriculum:

 Learning Language Arts Through Literature  is her book for Language Arts.  I'm excited about this book b/c it will use books to teach her language arts type stuff.   She'll read Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder, Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brink, Meet Addy by Connie Porter, and The Trumpet of the Swan by E. B. White.    We'll pick those books up from the library. 

Spelling Workout is her book for Spelling. 

Exploring Creation with Astronomy is both R and T's book for Science.  Dean and I are very excited about this science! 

Mystery of History  is both R and T's book for History.  This is the book I just ordered.

Daily Grams is an additional workbook for Grammar.  I think she needed a little bit more practice. 

Math U See Gamma is what she'll be doing with Math.  I've gotten lots of great recommendations about this curriculum! 

A Reason for Handwriting Cursive E is finally the last book for R.  I didn't think she really needed this, but she says she does, so we're doing it! 

And that's it for R.

T's Curriculum

Science and History are the same for both, so I won't bore you with the links to those books again! ;)

Math U See Beta is what he'll be doing with Math.  For both R and T I don't think they'll take long to go through this curriculum!

A Reason for Handwriting Manuscript B is T's handwriting.  His handwriting is atrocious, so I'm giving him lots of practice.  Once I'm satisfied with his writing manuscript, I'll move him along to cursive.

Rod and Staff Readers this is what we're using for T's reading.  He also has a workbook to go along with this as well. 

Rod and Staff Phonics this is his phonics workbook as well.  I'm reviewing some of their 1st grade material and then will move on to their 2nd grade material.  He needs the extra support from these books to give him the confidence he'll need.  This aslso includes his spelling. 

That's it for T's curriculum!

Here is a mix of both kids books!
 
Here are the books for T's reading and phonics and teacher's manuals, too!

1 comment:

  1. WTG Momma Shurl! You are amazing and I am truly in awe of this venture you have taken on. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete