Monday, September 20, 2010

Homeschool Update

It's been awhile since I posted about what's going around here.  The week of the 6th the kids had their very first field trip.  We all including Dean went to Living History Farms.  I have fond memories of going there when I was in elementary.  In fact, Renay went there last year with her 4th grade class.  She had so much fun, and looked forward to our trip.  Here are some pics.

Early Native American area.  They were playing a game here. 
Under a tee pee!
Winnowing the wheat to get rid of the chaf!
1900's farm...looking at the horses.
Looking at the chickens!
Daddy and B...during our lunch break!
This is my favorite.  T and the girls waiting while the rest of us were learning about the news press.
Playing hoops and sticks.

And that's what the big kids have done lately.  Not really.  They've done more than that, but that's really all I've got in pictures.  It's not always easy, but we're doing well.  I'm just so glad to have them home with me, and learning in a safe environment!  We started History just last week, and they weren't too happy with it.  They both like Science more than History.  Oh well.  They'll get through it just fine!!    Hopefully soon I'll have something from the little girls and what they've been doing.  I've been revamping our calendar and preschool stuff, so I'll get busy taking pictures soon!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment