Thursday, September 9, 2010

Totschool/Preschool Homeschool

Sorry it's a bit late, but here are the highlights from preschool last week. 

While the big kids did some school work, the little girls did some fun things as well.  One thing the girls did was draw.  R drew her version of "Kirby." 



R ended up drawing a rectangle, and also colored it in.  I was very impressed with her rectangle!



They also played with some foam beads.  I wanted them to string them on chenille wire, and sometimes they were able to do it, and sometimes not. 

B stringing her beads

And they also put some coffee stirers into a recycled parmesan cheese container.  This they love to do.  I love to see the concentration on their faces!

R putting her stirers in her container...obviously this is a bit easy for her to do now! 


Another day we used the other type of bead we have, and they put them on the same wire.  This they wanted to do all the rest of the days, so I let them!
Yes, they were a little bit undressed...but hey, we're homeschooling, and that's okay, right?







They also made some really cute Elmo's since we were going over the letter "E". 
B gluing her Elmo together.
R gluing her Elmo together!



















There were some other things the girls did, but I just didn't get their pictures taken!  I took some foam and cut out shapes of the capital letter "E" out of two different colors.  R's was blue, and B's was red.  Then I took a paper punch, and punched holes around the perimeter of the letter.  Then I gave the girls some shoelaces, and let them lace the letter! 

The other activity for the week was dot letters.  I printed off this page for each girl, and let them use their dot markers to mark their letter.  E is for Elephants    Here is the markers the girls use:  Dot Markers  or you could use these:  Dot markers

A lot of these ideas I didn't come up with on my own.  I owe a lot of these ideas to Carisa from 1plus1plus1equals1.  Thanks Carisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment