Friday, October 29, 2010

Calendar Time and Preschool Revisited

B working on her Dot page for the letter H!

R working on her dot page.


During Calendar Time, we sing a song welcoming each of the kids to school for the day.  Afterwards we sing another song spelling their names.  Each has their own card with their name that we hold up while we sing.  This has been really good for the girls to learn how to spell their names!  Here is B holding her card!  Of course it has red letters!

Here is R holding hers!  She is really good at saying all the letters in her name now!

Each day we also pick a color of the day.  This day just happened to be T's turn, and yes, his favorite color is yellow!  There are days I have to make sure the kids pick a color other than their favorite!  LOL!

Here is N writing the day, the date, and another way of writing the date. 

To give them extra practice with money, they also make the date with coins.  For example if the date was October 18th, they'd use 18 cents to make the date. 


Here R is putting the day of the week on our calendar!  I really have to help them know which word spells the day.  They'll catch on soon enough, though!

Once we put the day of the week up, then we can show what tomorrow and yesterday is!  And here is R doing just that!


Today just happened to be a Thursday on this day!



Here's B putting up the weather of the day!  This is one of her favorite things to do!  All week we had sunshine, and we were very grateful!

This is our other weather area.  Both big kids are putting up that sunny card! 


This is our season card area.  I think B is putting this one on.  She loves this section!  After we do that, we talk about the things that happen during that particular season.

The girls have started to learn three verses a week.  One of the verses they learn by song.  Here is B holding up our verse for the letter A.   "Keep me as the Apple of your eye."  Psalm 17:8  We review all the verses every day!


Here is R holding up the verse for letter B.  "Jesus said I, am the Bread of life." John 6:48

Here's letter C!  "We will be Changed, into His likeness."  2 Corinthians 3:18

Now for letter D.  "He will take great, Delight in you."  Zepheniah 3:17

B's getting tired of all the pictures.  Not happy at all.  LOL!  But here's letter E.  "The word of the Lord, Endures forever." 1Peter 1:25


Here's letter F held by R.  "A Friend loves at all times." Proverbs 17:17

Ah.  4 year olds.  Their moods change swiftly, don't they?  LOL!  Here's letter G.  "Every good Gift is from above."   James 1:17

And the week before we were learning about letter T.  "Always give Thanks to God for everything."  Ephesians 5:20

The second group of verses the girls learn is from their Cubbie group in Awana.  Here both are modeling their verses.  And no big surprise that B is not happy with it! 

The new verse.  I'll attach a link to where I find these, but since this was a Thursday, Mommy hadn't printed off the new verse for the week because they go say their verses on Wednesdays! 

This is where we finally start doing "official" preschool.  Here we are singing our new songs for our new verse!  This one is "Honor your Father and your Mother." Exodus 20:12  Notice my itunes playing the song?

R holding her stick figures!

This is the start of the power point that Carisa from 1+1+1=1 created.  The girls love going through it everyday of the week!  Here they are starting with the verse.  There's lots of repitition going on! 


Before B was in control of pushing the button to continue the power point.  Now it is R's turn.  And they both are telling me that this is "baby h."  We designate both Mommy letters as capitals and Baby letters as lowercase.  Much easier for them to understand right now. 

And here is Buster.  The faithful pet.  He's warming himself in the sunshine!  I just thought I'd add a picture of him since it had been awhile!  He's really growing!

I hope you enjoyed a more thorough explaination of our day in school.  I'll have to go through the bigger kids day some time soon. 

Here's where I got the Cubbie Verses for Awana.  They have them in books, but I found these printables from here:  Awana Verses  I just print the smaller size so they fit in my 3 X 5 card holder. 

And since my last post had all the calendar information, I won't bore you with all that again.  However, I'll show you where to find the power point info from Carisa.  Here it is: Power Point

And I almost forgot to add...here is the link to the dot pages:  Dot Marker Page Letter H

And one more, the link to the letter H for preschool:  Preschool Letter H

Until Next time!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment