Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

I know, I know...it's December 7th!  Why am I writing about Thanksgiving?  Well, because I can.  Yep.  It's my blog, and I'll do anything I want to!  LOL!

This year was interesting.  In fact, if I were to be completely honest with all you you and myself, something just wasn't right for me.  Maybe it was because I knew Mom wasn't around.  Maybe it was because we had our dinner on Wednesday.  Nevertheless, it was strange.  So yes, Dean's Mom, AKA Babi (pronounced Bubee) drove over on Tuesday.  She works the night shift in the cash office of her local WM Superstore.  Her days off just happen to be Tuesdays and Wednesdays.  So, she drove over.  She had to work Thursday night, and so we did all our cooking and eating on Wednesday.

I made a turkey (a fake one) for our table decorations.  I found a picture and the directions on how to make it on one of the blogs I read,  The Homespun Heart .  Anyway, I just loved it, and tried to make it.  I think it turned out quite nice.






Our dinner was nice and the time spent with Babi was really nice.  She ended up leaving the next day for Cedar Rapids.  Then believe it or not, I went out at midnight for Black Friday sales!  It was my very first time doing so.  What I imagined it to be and what it was in reality were two distinct things!  I ended up staying in line for a whole hour before I could check out the things I wanted.   It was quite the experience for me.  Not so sure I'll do it again, but at least I can say I did it!

So anyway, that's our Thanksgiving 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment