Wow. It's April. Already. Where did the time go? I haven't posted a lot lately because our wonderful, cute, energetic puppy chewed the power cord for my laptop. Because of this, my computer time has been seriously limited.
So, what's been going on? We went on vacation and had a wonderful time! It was seriously cold down there. Yes, warmer than here, but one day we actually had to buy gloves for the kids. Who would have thought! So, the lesson we learned from our vaction was not to go to Florida till February! LOL!
D has been traveling a lot since January. I think he's finally at a place where he can slow down. The past 5 weeks we've had some weird sickness going through the house. It was so weird. T started it with running a fever one Saturday. Then the following Saturday B starts vomitting. The next Saturday N starts vomitting. We skipped a week, and the very next Saturday I get the whole vomitting. Ugh. Wasn't pretty. Nothing like Christmas, but still. I think we're done with it all...hopefully.
The kids have joined a gym time with a homeschool group at our church. Every Thursday we meet at the gym for two hours. The first hour is instruction/playing an actual game, and the next hour is free play time. During that second hour, the mom's walk and so some light exercising. It's been great for the kids to have actual concentrated time for exercise as well as some extra socialization. One of the mom's has a girl a bit younger than R & B, and the girls enjoy playing and riding scooters during gym time. Then of course, it's always nice for Mommy to get to know other home schooling moms!
N & T will soon finish their math books. I'll have to order the next round of math books this week. Although N is not as close as T, but T will start memorizing his multiplication first before he starts the next book. N hasn't been doing so great with the book we're using for reading and grammar. Because of that, we've kind of stopped all work on that, and she's concentrating on the reading part. It had gotten to the point of frustrating both of us!
The girls are doing well with preschool. They clamor to do more work than I have for them to do! It's really funny at times. So, sometimes I have to really try hard to find things for them to do!
Really that's all that's been going on here. I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of at the moment!
Here are some pictures from our vacation....
No comments:
Post a Comment