Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year?!?!?

Happy 2011!!!!



Ah yes.  Christmas is past, and New Years is past, and it's colder than a....you fill in whatever your heart desires!  I actually Googl*d that to see what I could find, and the suggestions weren't nice.  LOL! 

So, New Year's Resolutions are running rampid everywhere.  Well, I'm not "technically" making any.  I do have some goals for the year though.  Most of them aren't starting till after January 16.  Why?  Well, the fam and I are going to Florida for 10 whole days!  Now if the weather would cooperate, it'll be a wonderful vacation.  However, to be honest, 60 degrees will feel a lot warmer than the 22 degrees it is outside right now.  Brr....I'm cold.  It even feels cold in the house, too!  Where's my blanket??????

Goals, yes, that was what I was going to write about.  My goals.   Family goals.  K, here goes...
Family goals
1. Spend less money...or stay on budget or cut budget down...which ever way you want to say it, we need to save some moolah.
2. Family Game night.  Yes, we are starting a night of family games on Thursday nights.

That's it for the fam at this point.  We might do a Bible study, too, but we'll see how that shakes.

My goals
1.  Read Bible every day.  No excuses.  I've really let this slide, and it's beginning to show.  So, that's #1 for me.
2.  Memorize 24 verses in 12 months.  I've joined Beth Moore and her siestas in their goal of learning a verse 2 times a month...the new verses are posted online on the 1st and the 15th of every month.  So, this first verse for me has already been posted...I'm doing my best!!!!  LPM Siesta Scripture Memory  there's a link if you want to join in for it!!!
3. Calorie counting, exercise doing, water drinking fool.  Yep, I'm doing it.  This week just upping the water and exercising...after the vacation...watch out!!!!
4.  More structure.  This is a weak area for me and the kids.  I want to be more structured for them and myself b/c I know it will help us all in the long run.

So, those are my goals.  Hopefully I'll remind myself to let y'all know how I'm doing.

What are your goals/resolutions for the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment